Remember the post I wrote about one of our date nights? Well, we have been trying to have more of such date nights to keep our relationship going. Some time back, we went to Sun with Moon for dinner.
Look at the glorious Wagyu beef! It’s a very scrumptious beef hot pot!
Being together for close to 5 years already, and not being engaged or married yet, sometimes we feel that the relationship is getting a bit stale or boring. It’s like Singapore is that small, and without new elements added to our relationship, it’s like a boring, boring book. At least, to me, it is. After all, I am the Gemini in the relationship, not very grounded and always needed new excitements. J is much more down-to-earth and freaking practical, so he’s pretty much ok with constants.
To keep us close together, we try to spend quality time together. Just the two of us. We try to have a good meal together at least once a week, be it at a restaurant or cooking on our own at home. These days, we also try to have a day-out once a week together. We have been out shopping and I am hoping we can start doing other things like having nature walks and going to more galleries and exhibitions.
Another Jap-food-whore picture! Sushis are one of the most photogenic of foods, I would think.
With both of us having busy schedules, and with my schedule very different from normal people, it’s difficult sometimes. Some other things I would recommend to keep a relationship going:-
- Kiss, often, daily if you can
- Keep each other updated on what has happened in the day, daily, of course
- Appreciate each other, and say ‘thanks‘ at least once a day
- Do things you both enjoy at least once a month – cycling at a park, shopping, baking, wine tasting, whatever you two love
- Travel abroad together at least twice a year
- Watch re-runs of your favourite movies or tele together, in bed
- Cook together; you will be surprised at the intimacy of such a domestic task
- Say ‘I Love You’ when you feel like it, don’t hide, don’t lie
I am sure there are many other ways, so, start today. Many relationships don’t work out because people simply forget to put in the extra zest.
Above pictures are from our dinner at Sun with Moon (Wheelock outlet). If you do go there, remember to have their tofu cheesecake. It’s my favourite!